Ray Bradbury Forums
Favourite Story

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5171053372

02 October 2001, 01:39 PM
Christos
Favourite Story
My favourite story has got to be "The Toynbee Convector." The tale is nothing less than a metaphor for Bradbury's life and his motivation as a writer.

Christos
02 October 2001, 06:04 PM
Lance
quote:
Originally posted by Christos:
My favourite story has got to be "The Toynbee Convector." The tale is nothing less than a metaphor for Bradbury's life and his motivation as a writer.

Christos

I agree, Christos. Bradbury hopes to convince us to make our own future. By showing us the wonders of tomorrow, he inspires us to bring those wonders to life. The future is, indeed, what we make it.

www.lancehawvermale.com
01 March 2006, 03:14 PM
fjpalumbo
Is there a metaphor flying around in this here machine, or what? I believe, as far as I could detect after pulling back the layers, this is the earliest post in the original site. It deals appropriately with The Toynbee Convector.

So, I've traveled back in time to find the earliest comments within the vaults. This is it - 5:04pm, from 10/2/01!

"Old Paint" still has some kick left it. As a matter of fact, it is much like those little Mars probes, that keep on rolling and rolling and rolling...

I jumped on board here on 11/29/01. Fanning a few sparks from these embers is not a bad idea from time to time. It has a quaint feel and a different flair somehow.

My all time Favorite Ray Bradbury story without a doubt will always be

fpalumbo
01 March 2006, 05:08 PM
Braling II
Did you not finish your post, or are you throwing out the question to be answered?
If the latter, I would REALLY have a hard time picking A favourite!
01 March 2006, 07:40 PM
pterran
My favorite story is The Million Year Picnic. My favorite book is Dandelion Wine.
02 March 2006, 08:09 AM
fjpalumbo
Sundance, caught up in some deep and serious pondering, I must have simply dozed off...

OK, now, without a doubt it is

fpalumbo
02 March 2006, 01:36 PM
Braling II
A little narcolepsy there, Butch?

Butch?

Uh, Butch?
02 March 2006, 03:23 PM
fjpalumbo
Yeah, sure. Huh?

Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with all that dynamite you keep settin' off!

"Wilma?" Indeed! Geez...I still haven't gotten over that one yet.
----------------------------------------
OK, Sundance! Here's one for ya~
LZ: "When the Levy Breaks" - give a listen.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserve/B000002J090010.../104-2452981-7876768

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 03-02-2006).]

fpalumbo
02 March 2006, 03:38 PM
Braling II
Well, I like "The Martian Hop" better, but I can't figure out how to attach it. Maybe on the new board...
10 March 2006, 02:25 PM
grasstains
*bump*
10 March 2006, 10:35 PM
grasstains
Bumpity, bumpity, bump over the hills we go.
11 March 2006, 03:40 AM
dandelion
I liked the one about the Martian bumper cars.
17 March 2006, 11:32 AM
phenethylamine
I like the Ravine - at least thats what I think its called. I actually made new post on that one to first of all to find out if that the actual title and also what collection its in.

Creepy fee, and quite unusual as its tld in the 2nd Person (if my memory serves correct...)
08 April 2006, 08:35 PM
Robot Lincoln
Grasstains, I finally finished The Machineries of Joy, which I kinda dragged my feet cause I was reading alot of poetry and trying to write a little. I have now simultaneously started I Sing The Body Electric and The Postman. I'm well into Postman and loving it. Next slated to read Earth Abides and Seven From Oregon. Thanx for the tips.

Onward to Mars!
12 April 2006, 07:45 PM
Braling II
Made ya look! Made ya look!

Actually, last night, just before bed, I re-read the chapter in DW about the Trolley. I still say it's some of the best writing ever done by mortal man.