Ray Bradbury Forums
illustrated man/something wicked connection?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/4141095372

07 December 2004, 09:21 PM
scarywarhol
illustrated man/something wicked connection?
Hi! I just finished Something Wicked This Way Comes, and i thought it was very good (the 'final battle' with mr. dark was sort of dissapointing and unexciting though). I have not read Mr. Bradbury's book "The Illustrated Man". Does this have anything to do with the 'illustrated man' in (or anything else involving) Something Wicked?

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations
25 December 2004, 01:28 PM
Faler
yes.

The illustrated man is tattooed from head to toe. His tattooes tell stories while he sleeps. This was done to him by a witch from a traveling fair.
25 December 2004, 03:25 PM
dandelion
Bradbury will get hold of a phrase he likes and use it in several different forms, sometimes related, sometimes not, sometimes debatable. This could be among the debatable ones, especially since the themes of the tattoos on the Illustrated Man in the short story collection are potentially infinite.