https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/348102714

25 October 2011, 05:17 PM
dandelion
Looking for the name of a story
quote:
Originally posted by Alive:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I've seen other message forums die when spam outnumbers proper messages. I would hate to see this particular lawn ruined by uncontrollable weeds such as this!

Maybe post a note to remind members to hit the report button - probably some haven't noticed it.
Just a thought to help with the weeding.

Good point! If you see something, say something.
26 October 2011, 12:38 AM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by Alive:
Pardon my ignorance (I probably know less about Ray and his stories than anyone here, but I'm learning), but I thought "R is for Rocket" and "S is for Space" were childrens books, so I gave them a miss.
Sounds like that was a mistake.

They were originally intended for a "younger" audience, but they are mostly compiled from stories originally in Ray's other collections. So the contents weren't written for kids; it's just that kid-friendly stories were gathered together in one place.

I have a vague recollection that some of the stories might have been ever so slightly adjusted for the younger reader, but I don't recall the specifics. (And I may be wrong on this. Memory ain't what it used to be.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
26 October 2011, 07:16 AM
Alive
Thanks Phil.
Two more for my shopping list of the last 40 years of Ray's work.
Lucky Christmas is coming.

I'm Alive!
16 December 2011, 01:00 AM
Gill Susan
So did you get the suitable name for the story, do share with us.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,
23 December 2011, 12:24 PM
dragonfly
"Frost and Fire" people live 8 days. The young man's sister has the haunting name of Dark.
22 January 2012, 10:41 AM
Doos
Just registered here to say 'THANK YOU!'.

I've been googling for the last week variations of 'Ray Bradbury, people live for a week' or 'age really fast' etc. etc.

I was telling a friend he should read some Bradbury and this story always comes to mind when I recommend him.

Always enjoyed it but it's been forever since I read it.

Thanks again.. next time I'll look for dedicated forums a bit quicker.
22 January 2012, 03:16 PM
dandelion
"Frost and Fire" is one of the stories which literally made my blood run cold because my circulation stopped from not moving the whole time I read it.