Ray Bradbury Forums
Where is everybody?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/3701015372

28 March 2007, 08:44 PM
rocket
Where is everybody?
grasstains has since posted one time, it was somehow in reference to Dr. Suess Green Eggs And Ham. I'm too tired to track that down right at the moment. Will try tomorrow. Maybe grasstains just needed a ginkbreak...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
28 March 2007, 10:20 PM
Chapter 31
Gink? That’s some kind of religious thing, right?

Driving by the church he noticed the sign out front:

OPEN ON SUNDAYS
29 March 2007, 01:00 AM
dandelion
THINK GINK.

It's now the word of the day.
29 March 2007, 03:03 AM
Robert M Blevins
I haven't gone anywhere. (lol) The usual stuff keeps me pretty busy.
29 March 2007, 12:24 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
But she confirmed she's alive...right?

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

"Live Forever!"
29 March 2007, 01:44 PM
dandelion
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
But she confirmed she's alive...right?

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

So says the gink in black from behind the dark glasses.
29 March 2007, 01:56 PM
Braling II
re: Grasstains, Dr. Seuss, Gink...

30 March 2007, 12:37 AM
dandelion
Every gink down in Ginkville liked ginkdom a lot....
30 March 2007, 07:19 AM
Braling II
...They called out, "Where's Grasstains?", no answer they got.
31 March 2007, 05:45 AM
randomyork
I'm here! I've had a hard time getting near the family computer because of child and visitor who were visiting the less Bradburyesque sites.
When I heard myself say (at about midnight) "Are y'all through with the computer? I'm going to turn it off" I tried to imagine what that would have sounded like to my teenage ears before anyone had home computers and what kind of machine would I have envisioned? I'm sure I would expect to see a hulking IBM mainframe filling up a whole room. I love the moive "ALIEN" but the mainframe computer usually make me snicker, however "STARTREK- THE NEXT GENERATION" did a pretty good job of envisioning laptops with their simplicity and size. I still think "HAL" is pretty cool on "2001".
31 March 2007, 04:23 PM
dandelion
Comes a rocket, a robot, a york that is random
But never a grasstains throughout the whole fandom
31 March 2007, 04:49 PM
grasstains
I'm okay. Thanks for your concern. The temptation to check-in was just too great, and exactly the reason I must go. This place, you people, mean too much to me and it carries over into my homelife, my REAL life. Things are said, written, whatever, and I take some of these things very hard, you have no idea just how much I allow things to effect me. I'm just not cut out for it. The hometeam comes first. Thanks for all the fish. Love Always, me.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"
31 March 2007, 08:37 PM
Braling II
Thank God you're still with us, Grassy!
All the best to you and yours.
31 March 2007, 10:20 PM
Chapter 31
I rejoice that you’re O.K., grasstains. Here’s to the home team. You leave an emptiness behind you but you made a great egg and onion, kid.
01 April 2007, 12:21 AM
dandelion
"Family first," but do feel free to drop in when and if possible!