Ray Bradbury Forums
New Movie Astronaut Farmer

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/3301050882

06 March 2007, 11:42 AM
philnic
New Movie Astronaut Farmer
biplane1, you may well be crazy, but you are also correct! Cast list here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
07 March 2007, 06:57 AM
biplane1
Philnic, who would name their child Billy Bob? And I would bet a dollar to a donut that you would never find that name amongst Englsih children. Am I right?
07 March 2007, 07:25 AM
Braling II
William Robert, perhaps?
07 March 2007, 01:45 PM
philnic
Bralin II beat me to it. Mind you, the popular modern shortening of William is Wills, and of Robert is Rob.

So Billy Bob becomes Wills Rob.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
07 March 2007, 08:15 PM
Doug Spaulding
Billy Bob Thornton is the oldest son of high school basketball coach Billy Ray Thornton and Virginia Faulkner Thornton, a psychic who predicted his 1997 Oscar win. Born in Hot Springs, Arkansas on August 4 (that's my birth date), Billy Bob was named after (respectively) his father (Billy) and his mother's grandfather (Bob). Yes, Billy Bob is his legal, given name.

We have something in common besides the birthday: our favourite TV show is The Andy Griffith Show! Billy Bob claims to be the number one fan of the show, but alas, he can be no better than number two!

"Live Forever!"
08 March 2007, 06:05 PM
jkt
Doug,

You cannot go wrong with Mayberry. I was lucky enough to have gone to Ron Howard's wedding. I knew the bride, Cheryl. I was sitting in front of Andy Griffith and Don Knots and just behind Henry Fonda. Boy was I out of my league.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
08 March 2007, 09:17 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I was lucky enough to have gone to Ron Howard's wedding. I knew the bride, Cheryl.

You know Cheryl!?

Let's talk.

"Live Forever!"
09 March 2007, 06:42 AM
Braling II
Yeah? Well, after a gig in Monterey yesterday,
Paul Simon walked right past me! And he didn't even notice me! So there!
09 March 2007, 12:50 PM
biplane1
Wow! The proximity of it all.
10 March 2007, 12:04 AM
Chapter 31
Once again, Braling II and biblane1 prove that it is necessary to keep a roll of paper towel next to the monitor at all times.
17 April 2007, 05:00 PM
groon
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Philnic, who would name their child Billy Bob? And I would bet a dollar to a donut that you would never find that name amongst Englsih children. Am I right?

And how many Americans are named Nigel?
17 April 2007, 05:53 PM
biplane1
You have a very valid point!
18 April 2007, 01:37 AM
Robert M Blevins
After we posted our little Pre-Release Review, the staff went out to see the film. It's a bit cheesy and unbelievable...but still good.