Ray Bradbury Forums
Eternal Autumn

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/3211083372

12 July 2002, 12:51 PM
Inkling
Eternal Autumn
I cannot describe the stirring within me when I recall reading "Something Wicked" in the autumn of my 9th year. Since that time, I anticipate and await impatiently every autumn...especially October. It's a curious thing that Bradbury's writings has created in me; something that, at the thought of a dark, smoky October evening, when the leaves are stirred just right, evokes senses of eagerness, fear, excitement, and anticipation that somewhere--just ahead, or around a corner--something wonderful is coming. How's that for a run-on sentence?
19 August 2002, 11:49 PM
Nard Kordell
I N K L I N G:::

Have you read Halloween Tree? All about October and all the stuff of Halloween, of course. Not exactly "Something Wicked This Way Comes". (Since the title is taken from a line of Shakespeare, would that make Ray's name, Bardbury?) They made an animated version of "Halloween Tree" that Ray actually really liked.
20 August 2002, 02:34 AM
Mr. Dark
Halloween Tree is a good read. You might also check out a great little horror story Bradbury wrote called, "The October Game". I have it in "The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury". Quietly chilling.