Ray Bradbury Forums
Ray inspired tattoos?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/3171037402

10 April 2006, 07:01 AM
Braling II
Ray inspired tattoos?
Bot, you're right! I saw several Bot posts with photos and my ocular interface unit misread "Robert" as "Robot". Sorry about that, Chief!
18 April 2006, 06:28 AM
Jayne
quote:
Originally posted by Robert M Blevins:
Here is my humble idea for a tattoo commemorating the book 'Fahrenheit 451.'

A small pile of books on fire, with the international 'no' symbol superimposed over the books. Then, along the outside of the circle on the 'no' symbol, the numbers '451.'

I like this idea, although the no symbol will hve to be changed a bit for asthetic reasons, I think I might just make this one of my next pieces. I'll let you know how it goes.
23 May 2006, 08:31 AM
uncle A.G.
Jayne, if I may ask how long have you been doing ink?, and what county do you reside in.
Uncle
09 July 2006, 02:24 PM
JustSomeFan
Hello all,

I've never posted here but I sometimes visit and read various threads.

I am planning on getting a Fahrenheit 451 inspired tattoo on my leg and will post it here when I can.

I'm planning on becoming an english teacher so it should be interesting if I have the chance to use Fahrenheit 451 as reading material for a class one day.

It is really exciting that Mr. Bradbury may actually get to see it! If any story deserves to have a permanent place on my body, this is it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JustSomeFan,
11 July 2006, 01:30 AM
Robert M Blevins
F-451 tattoo on leg...BAD.

F-451 tattoo on arm, where you can pull up your sleeve with ease to display it...GOOD. Cool
11 July 2006, 05:16 AM
JustSomeFan
There's always shorts!Smiler

I'm wondering now..what other tattoo, besides that awesome cover, could someone get to represent the book?

I'm running through a few ideas before I make my choice but I am leaning towards just getting the cover and maybe some houses burning in the background.

Anyone have ideas for me?
15 August 2007, 03:20 PM
mr_october
I'm a new poster here, dropping by to share my Fahrenheit 451 tattoo.

It's the same design as Dan Helfers', which I've been itching to get for more than a year now. Mine is upside down, by general tattoo standards (the head toward my wrist rather than toward my elbow), but it's always right-side up when I look down at my arm, and that's what matters.

On an interesting side note, my tattoo artist (Dennis at High Voltage Tattoo) said he's seen a number of these tattoos through the years, though mine was the first he did himself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr_october,
15 August 2007, 03:59 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by mr_october:
...which I've been itching to get for more than a year now.

Pun intended?

Welcome!

"Live Forever!"
15 August 2007, 04:07 PM
mr_october
Pun very much intended. Only those who have tattoos can understand how badly fresh ink itches.

Thanks for the welcome!
16 August 2007, 10:56 AM
dandelion
Welcome, new member! Thanks for the great contribution!