Ray Bradbury Forums
Eerie coincidence - so very Ray

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/1941056901

06 January 2003, 10:28 AM
Suzi
Eerie coincidence - so very Ray
I just finished reading "Let's All Kill Constance." I bought the book with a Christmas gift card at Borders - it was on one of the new books tables, a lone copy just staring me in the face, so I had to pick it up!
I started reading it yesterday, January 5, my youngest daughter's 16th birthday. Birthday plans forced me to table the book after the first few chapters.
I was wakened early this morning (around 4 a.m.) by the wild southern California winds, and as they wouldn't let me get back to sleep I got up to read. It felt very appropriate to be sitting there reading Bradbury poetry to the tune of those fierce and violent winds.
I finished the tale, then went out to find my morning paper (a bit of a task, as it had blown into the gutter). When I turned to the page that shows today in history, I was eerily surprised by the first listed date - January 6, 1412, the traditionally considered birthdate of Joan of Arc. (If you haven't read "...Kill Constance" yet, read it and all will be made clear!)
06 January 2003, 11:13 AM
Nard Kordell
Suzi::::

You have obviously just entered...
The Twilight Zone

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 01-06-2003).]
06 January 2003, 11:42 PM
Suzi
Events like this just point up the way Bradbury opens us to the magic in life.

By the way, I note I'm a "junior member" of this site - at my age it's interesting to be a junior member of anything!!!
Cheers.