Ray Bradbury Forums
f451 bookmark

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/8671039443

09 November 2007, 07:58 PM
lpw
f451 bookmark
When I went to see Truffaut's f451 just after it opened in '66, they gave out Bookmarks with the Cast and Production credits. I'm looking at one right now. Sure, it's a little wrinkled: I saved it all these years. You won't find the credits on the screen--in a world where print is outlawed, they credits were all spoken. At the top of the bookmark, a warning: Hide this bookmark where you hide your books. I was wondering if anyone else had one of these bookmarks or even heard of such thing.
09 November 2007, 10:39 PM
Braling II
Very cool! Any chance of scanning it and posting it for us?
10 November 2007, 03:12 AM
lpw
Braling II---
Good idea. Soon as I figure out how.
How about this: I got a letter from Ray, c'65.
It was a multiple choice, true or false letter I sent him when I was in high school. All he had to do was fill in the blanks. I sent it to Ray c/o William F. Nolan who wrote a bio of Ray in F and SF. Had his address, I figured he knew Ray. I was right. Got it back, greatest day of my life. Ray and I corresponded throughout college. I sent him short stories and Christmas cards six months ahead of time.
I often wonder, would Ray remember that letter?
Should I post that letter?
Anybody interested?
10 November 2007, 06:57 AM
philnic
It's hard to believe Ray would remember one particular letter from 40 years ago when he must receive hundreds every week...

Anybody interested? I bet we're all interested! Please figure out how to scan and upload, ASAP!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter