https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/8661025792

21 March 2007, 02:50 PM
Braling II
Quote of the Day
"...I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

- Groucho Marx
21 March 2007, 08:13 PM
Nard Kordell
Hey, Doug! My pastor, Rick Warren, at the church my wife and myself go to mentioned late this afternoon to a bunch of us that were doing a walk around the church campus, that he just came back from a 3 hour debate with the foremost atheist in the US. The atheist's name is Sam Harris. Newsweek magazine is right now doing a transcript of the debate, and will run it in their upcoming Easter edition as a cover article. So check it out.
Pastor: www.ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalksplayer.cfm?key=r_warren
Atheist: www.samharris.org/index.php/samharris/print/
21 March 2007, 08:45 PM
Robert M Blevins
I wrote an editorial for Adventure Books Editorial page, and surprise...the Seattle Times contacted me and asked if they could 'edit and print it'
I said "Why not?"
Ever since, I have been receiving messages, probably because some readers ran my name on google, where I am reletively easy to find. (messages run the gamut from name-calling to somewhat nicer comments.) Anyway, the letter is about the war in Iraq and you can view the Seattle Times version here:
Seattle Times Article

A slightly expanded version is on our website under the AB Editorials Page, with some images. I won't give the link. Too much like promotion. You can find us if you wish... Cool
21 March 2007, 09:10 PM
Doug Spaulding
Name-calling!? Looks like a fine article to me.

"Live Forever!"
21 March 2007, 09:18 PM
With Dog for Comforter
quote:
Originally posted by Robert M Blevins:
I wrote an editorial for Adventure Books...

Hey Robert - Keep up the good work! Thanks for taking the time to comment on this war.

(Now, let's tie this in with Ray. Wasn't he published in the Seattle Times once? <grin>Wink
21 March 2007, 09:34 PM
embroiderer
Those two links were great. I look forward to the Newsweek spread. Can't hardly believe that Rick Warren's book was selling at a million copies a month.
Quote of the day? Gotta be that very first sentence, in the very first chapter:

"It's not about you!"
21 March 2007, 10:30 PM
Robert M Blevins
quote:
Can't hardly believe that Rick Warren's book was selling at a million copies a month.

Oh, it could be possible...my wife and I have this other business besides the books, one where we are often in peoples' homes. I see that book lying on bedroom lamp tables all the time. Cool
22 March 2007, 08:33 AM
Doug Spaulding
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

- Mark Twain

"Live Forever!"
22 March 2007, 08:37 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Hey, Doug!, check it out.

Thanks, I will. I have heard of this Harris. Spong wrote in one of his columns that "every Bishop in England wants to debate him."

"Live Forever!"
23 March 2007, 01:08 PM
Braling II
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer."

- Dave Barry
23 March 2007, 07:27 PM
Doug Spaulding
"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."

- Dave Barry

"Live Forever!"
23 March 2007, 07:32 PM
Doug Spaulding
"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking."

- Dave Barry

"Live Forever!"
27 March 2007, 03:17 PM
Braling II
"There's always somebody who is paid too much and taxed too little - and it's always somebody else."

- Cullen Hightower
27 March 2007, 11:09 PM
Nard Kordell
............ "Subtle is the Lord, but malicious He is not."
............ --Albert Einstein
............ April, 1921
28 March 2007, 05:20 AM
fjp451
"Don't blow yourselves up!"
-Motherly advice from Elsie Hickam, in October Sky