wer can i get martian cronicals?
:P any book stores of\r theres spesicic place
(stupid question i know)
dont insult my stupidity

Ray Bradbury
07 March 2005, 03:53 PM
r012
i would like to read tht book
:P were can i get onbe is ther one i can read on internet for free?

Ray Bradbury
07 March 2005, 07:21 PM
lmskipper
What a great touch! To use the actual Martian language to frame a question about "The Martian
Chronicles" was a stroke of genius!!
07 March 2005, 10:18 PM
Mycroft
quote:
Originally posted by lmskipper:
What a great touch! To use the actual Martian language to frame a question about "The Martian
Chronicles" was a stroke of genius!!

Good one, i'm glad someone finally commented on how these people's posts are illegible. Before they start complaining about how difficult it is to understand the martian chronicles they should be making sure people can understand their writing. And the martian chronicles aren't way too hard to read when you consider that it's basically just a collection of short stories which don't necessarily have a complete plot.

Jon
08 March 2005, 09:48 AM
Braling II
Like, ya know, I mean, I'm all, like, fer shure, ya know? Totally, dude.
08 March 2005, 07:06 PM
biplane1
As I have indicated before, elsewhere, perhaps, there is no real reason that posts can not be presented in an appropriate manner, with proper spelling, punctuation, and capitalization where needed.

Sometimes when I read these questionable posts, I am concerned about the amount of education the person has, or wonder if the person is just lazy!
08 March 2005, 07:10 PM
grasstains
In all fairness THELEGEND455 is from Quebec and probably speaks french as a first language. Sometimes it helps to check their profiles before making judgements.

Remember when "elron" first started posting here?

LOL! I had to edit because I misspelled "jugdement".

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 03-08-2005).]
08 March 2005, 07:10 PM
Braling II
Mr. Plane,
I agree. I hope you realize my above post was satirical!
Perhaps I should always eschew obfuscation!
08 March 2005, 07:20 PM
grasstains
As far as those who are obviously just not doing it right(misspellings)......I too am flabbergasted.

As for punctuation(no capitalizations, no periods)I think it's a generational thing, like slang. Chatroom stuff.
08 March 2005, 07:32 PM
grasstains
While we're on the subject....

Can someone tell me the difference between using quotation marks like "this" and using them like 'this'?
08 March 2005, 09:11 PM
dandelion
Actually, I prefer *this*!?!
09 March 2005, 10:41 PM
Yestermorrow
I believe the double quotation (") is used in the United States, while the single (') is used in British texts for quotes. In either case, the opposite mark is used for a quote within a quote.
09 March 2005, 11:07 PM
Nard Kordell
I've only this to say about that: "~##*''%!^#**#!!" So There!
09 March 2005, 11:24 PM
groon
fjpalumbo
"even before Harper Lee and William Golding"

Wow, I didn't realize that! That's pretty amazing!
10 March 2005, 05:42 AM
dandelion
I kind of enjoy Charlie Gordon's take on punctuation in "Flowers for Algernon," or is that 'Flowers for Algernon' or _Flowers for Algernon_?