Ray Bradbury Forums
legal rights

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/8201052572

07 December 2006, 05:08 AM
arriflex
legal rights
I am a student in the Art and Cinema in Paris, France and a big fan of Rays Bradbury's books.

I would like to adapt his short story �The Pedestrian� into a twenty-minute� film. Yet I haven't been able to find the company which could tell me how to get the legal rights, although I've written to a lot of french publishers.

Would anybody knows the Company I have to contact to get these informations?

Thank you very much and may this forum keep expanding.
07 December 2006, 08:44 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by arriflex:
I am a student in the Art and Cinema in Paris, France and a big fan of Rays Bradbury's books.

I would like to adapt his short story The Pedestrian into a twenty-minute film. Yet I haven't been able to find the company which could tell me how to get the legal rights, although I've written to a lot of french publishers.

Would anybody knows the Company I have to contact to get these informations?

If nobody else knows, I could ask him next time I see him. Wish I had known earlier - I spent some quality time with him last night.

A film student, eh? Take my email address: augustdandelionatgmaildotcom. I am also interested in adapting his work, and will be submitting a treatment of "Dandelion Wine" to him early next year for his consideration.

In the meantime, you could try his agent:

Don Congdon Associates, Inc.
156 Fifth Avenue, Suite 625
New York, NY 10010

Susan Ramer is the one he referred me to once when I asked a similar question. Unsure whether she would be a good contact for this case. You could try:

dcaatdoncongdondotcom (hope her email hasn't changed)

Or you could try:

Telephone: 212.645.1229, Fax: 212.727.2688,
And another email address: doncongdonataoldotcom (I would use this one last, however)

I think you can adapt and film anything you want, you just have to have permission to sell it. Susan could tell you better, though.

Best of luck!

"Live Forever!"
02 May 2007, 08:48 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by arriflex:
I would like to adapt his short story �The Pedestrian� into a twenty-minute� film. Would anybody knows the Company I have to contact to get these informations?

Alexandre, I have faxed your request to Mr B today. Let's hope he answers soon, and in the affirmative!

Good luck!

"Live Forever!"
13 May 2007, 04:27 PM
Doug Spaulding
Alex, I reminded Mr B of your request today, on the phone, and he agreed!

Check your email.

"Live Forever!"
03 September 2016, 05:11 AM
odariog94
Hi! I know this post is a little bit old, but I have to try:
I'd like to adapt one of "A memory of murders" stories into a short film, and want to know about the rights.

Does anyone knows if the contacts posted here still work?

Thank you very much for your help!
05 September 2016, 04:01 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by odariog94:
Does anyone knows if the contacts posted here still work?

So far as I know.

"Live Forever!"