Ray Bradbury Forums
How can I find out about RB book signing events?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7521073372

07 April 2002, 08:49 PM
franco
How can I find out about RB book signing events?
Hi,

This is my first post. I once met RB in Austin at a book-signing event. Anyway, does anyone know how I can find out if he has any other such event scheduled in the future? Thanks.
08 April 2002, 01:03 AM
dandelion
In an orderly world, you'd sign up for the newsletter from this site and check the upcoming events on this site. Alas, in *this* world, about all you can do is check the message board, where you can find out in time--IF you happen to live in Southern California and IF your schedule is such that you can drop everything for events learned of only a day or so in advance!
08 April 2002, 02:27 AM
franco
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't live in California. I was hoping to catch him in another nationwide book-signing tour like he did with "Quicker than the eye".

Otherwise, if I send him my book (through his publisher) along with a stamped envelope, do you think he would sign it? Thanks.
08 April 2002, 10:47 AM
firehrt
I don't have *absolute* certainty that Ray would sign it, but the sun may not rise tomorrow, either!
09 April 2002, 11:38 AM
Greg Miller
Yes, ideally you would be able to find out on this site's "author appearances" section, but since Ray has made at *least* six appearances (probably more like a dozen) since the October 31st appearance they have listed, and since this site is never updated, your best bet is what Dandelion said.

Good luck,

Greg
11 April 2002, 08:09 PM
flyboy
Ray has always been very kind to sign any books that I have sent to him. Most recently I included postage-paid Priority Mail packaging. Although, in the past, he has sent things back in his own envelopes with illustrations on the outside. Precious. On a copy of F-451 (paperback) for my daughter Cathy, he did a neat illustration on the inside cover of flames.