Ray Bradbury Forums
Contacting Ray

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/7281050191

23 February 2006, 05:55 PM
dandelion
Contacting Ray
Maybe biplane 1 could just call Ray and ask him if he has L. A. representation and how to contact said reps if so. It might be the quickest way to put us all out of our misery.
23 February 2006, 06:48 PM
rocket
Open locks,
Whoever knocks!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
24 February 2006, 03:11 PM
amlw
I was just being silly......about patrick

but any information would be most appreciated about LA reps.....his NYC Agents were evasive and rude.

just saying
24 February 2006, 05:49 PM
dandelion
That's New York for ya.
25 February 2006, 12:38 PM
Chapter 31
Hey, that’s the continental United States. But yup, they can be a tad rude.
26 February 2006, 03:08 AM
Robert M Blevins
This is not the best way to contact Ray or his representatives. They probably get dozens of requests and a hundred or more emails per day, at least. In fact, that would probably be a light day...

Go to the publisher. Use official channels. Make a professional presentation or no one will take you serioiusly.
01 March 2006, 01:12 PM
biplane1
Dandelion, Chapter 31, et. al., and I just spoke with Ray and hadn't read this post regarding any representations he may have in L.A. so didn't ask him.

Chapter 31, your nostalgia is great, soda fountains, what about nickle candy bars?
01 March 2006, 08:34 PM
Chapter 31
biplane1,
And nickel “Three Musketeer” bars that actually had three sections to them and three-cent stamps and penny postcards and the oak telephone booths at the end of the soda fountain.

Try this. Eat a "Tootsie Role" while drinking a frosted root beer. You’ll want to spin around on your stool.
02 March 2006, 07:10 AM
Braling II
Oh yeah? Well I remember having to add
colour to margarine! So there!
02 March 2006, 08:09 AM
biplane1
Braling II and Chapter 31...we are getting old aren't we? Braling II, that margarine, as I remember it, was in a large flat sealed plastic envelope, white with a round button of coloring in the middle of it, orangish in color I believe. My mom would let me knead and pound that sucker for a half an hour before it was all yellow.

Oh, for the old days. Things were a lot simpler then that's for sure.

32 cents a gallon gas, 16 cent movies, etc., etc. Well, I have to get real and realize that those days are long gone, but it is fun to think about them though.