Ray Bradbury Forums
Need Summary of the short story A Piece of Wood (!!!!need urgently!!!)

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/5801051011

11 January 2005, 03:29 PM
singarasa
Need Summary of the short story A Piece of Wood (!!!!need urgently!!!)
HI!!!

A long time before I have read the short story "A piece of wood". But now I have forgotten what the plot of the story is!!!
And I have to introduce Ray Bradbury at school! and I want to present some of his short stories! Of this reason I need a summary (detail summary) of this short story!
Can Anybody give me some links where I can find a detailed summary of "A Piece of Wood"??
or can anybody give me a detailed summary of this story???

thank you very much!!!!!

bye
11 January 2005, 05:02 PM
Richard
singarasa, I have a wild and crazy idea for you in connection with your school assignment. The story "A Piece of Wood" can be found in the following Bradbury collections: LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT, THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY (published by Knopf in 1980), and in the current in-print trade paperback published by Avon, I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC AND OTHER STORIES. Why not check a local library or book store, and read this story for yourself? The story has a lot to say which is very relevant to today's violence-ridden world. I'll bet you'll enjoy the story a lot, and it should not take you very long to read it. Just a suggestion. Good luck on your assignment.