Ray Bradbury Forums
RB genealogy: William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/499106993

27 June 2010, 07:18 PM
John Wirth
RB genealogy: William Batchelder Bradbury (1816-1868)
William Batchelder Bradbury was a musician and composer of, mostly, hymns (e.g., of the tune of "Jesus Loves Me"). Can anyone tell me of a genealogical relationship between him and RB?

John Wirth
Stroudsburg, PA
28 June 2010, 12:45 AM
philnic
Hi John, and welcome to the boards.

I can't give a definite yes or no regarding that particular Bradbury, but I have compiled a family tree of Ray Bradbury based on various sources. You can view it on my blog, here:

http://bradburymedia.blogspot....009/08/ancestry.html

I'm sure a genealogist could extend it further than I have been able to do.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
23 December 2010, 05:04 PM
DougzInBoston
PHIL YOU ARE MY HERO!! Doing a trace of my family roots, I knew I was from the Perkins line and discovered it was in any way related to RB!! It is great to see that you had done that. I am so looking forward to adding that to my tree on ancestry.com!!

I am descended from her younger brother, Jacob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DougzInBoston,
24 December 2010, 01:53 AM
philnic
Hi DougzInBoston, and welcome. I'm glad the family tree has been of use to you. Any chance you could post a link to your tree so that we can see how it interconnects?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
28 June 2011, 09:29 AM
ldhallman
Hey John Wirth! From my research, Ray is not related to the composer William Batchelder Bradbury, but to another William Bradbury.
28 June 2011, 12:15 PM
philnic
Hi Idhallman, the family tree I put together shows a William Bradbury with dates of 1649 – 1678. Is this the same William you know of?

If you can fill in any of the missing parts of the Ray Bradbury genealogy, I would be delighted. Please post more info!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

28 June 2011, 08:58 PM
dandelion
There is an author named Moberg I've wondered might be related on Ray's mother's side but never got much into it.