Ray Bradbury Forums
2014 Audiobook Releases

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/4367044566

16 October 2014, 07:20 PM
Linnl
2014 Audiobook Releases
On October 21, AUDIBLE STUDIOS of audible.com is releasing three new recordings of Ray Bradbury books:

Fahrenheit 451 narrated by Tim Robbins

Something Wicked This Way Comes narrated by Christian Rummel

The Martian Chronicles narrated by Mark Boyett

These are for download only, no apparent CD release.

If you have a audible membership the Bradbury story "The Playground" narrated by Jonathan Davis, part of the same group of releases, is available for free download.
18 October 2014, 07:13 AM
Tpalmst1
I would like to see with the permission of the Bradbury Estate audio books with Rays voice computer generated. That would definitely be my preference. How better than to be brought into the adventure. Ray is without a doubt a story teller.

Mark Holt
18 October 2014, 01:17 PM
Linnl
Hi Tpalmst1, and welcome.

Ray Bradbury himself did record several of his stories, although some are not easily available.

Audible, and other downloadable sites such as Downpour do have the following as read by the author:

Fahrenheit 451

Fantastic Tales of Ray Bradbury

The Martian Chronicles

These are superduper uber wonderful and include Mr. Bradbury's recollections and comments on the origins of each story.

Not so easy to find include:

The Stories of Ray Bradbury

The Small Asassin

The Toynbee Convector

Green Shadows, White Whale

Personally I don't think I'd appreciate as much a computerized voice of Mr. Bradbury. But who knows what the future may spring...a la "G.B.S.-Mark V"? Smiler

I would very much like to hear Ray Bradbury as read by a female talent, such as Kate Mulgrew or Emilia Fox. I believe the "market" is missing the boat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,
18 October 2014, 08:37 PM
dandelion
The Electric Bradbury and the Android Ray!
21 October 2014, 01:52 PM
Linnl
Audible's youtube with Tim Robbins about FAHRENHEIT 451:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq4LLtH0LGs