Ray Bradbury Forums
essay topic

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/3681095901

08 May 2002, 11:52 PM
matikin
essay topic
I want to write an essay on 3 of Ray Bradbury's books for my high school senior thesis project, but I have no idea what to write about because as of yet I've only read Farenheit 451. Does anyone have any suggestions?
09 May 2002, 12:56 AM
David Wahl
I recommend "The Martian Chronicles", "The Illustrated Man", and "Something Wicked This Way Comes". "Fahrenheit 451" is an expansion on "Usher II", one of the short stories in either "Illustrated Man", or "Martian Chronicles". You might consider his new book "From the Dust Returned'. I have not read it yet, but have read some intrigueing reviews. I expect to read it soon.
13 May 2002, 10:14 PM
TwinklePork
I'm doing a similar project also on 3 of his books. I found a good analysis of his works by Wayne L. Johnson. Please let me know if you come across any good topics, or develop a good thesis. Thank you
14 May 2002, 08:55 AM
fjpalumbo
Wayne Johnson's book "Ray Bradbury" should be very helpful, and you might also check David Mogen's critical analysis and biographic (Twayne's US Authors Series) text on Mr. Bradbury.

For insights directly from Mr. Bradbury, refer to Zen in the Art Of Writing. Hope this helps.
14 May 2002, 06:25 PM
TygerSun
Hi!
For novels, you can read The Halloween Tree, Something Wicked This Way Comes, a Graveyard for Lunatics, or From the Dust Returned. My personal favorite short story collection is Golden Apples of the Sun, but the Martian Chronicles, Dandelion Wine, and the Illustrated Man are more well known and possibly much easier to find. Bradbury wrote about 50 books, so the possibilities are endless.