Ray Bradbury Forums
Best Thread Ever?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/3671028901

21 February 2004, 02:25 AM
grasstains
Best Thread Ever?
You might think I'm new here, but I did participate on this Message Board for quite some time under a different name. Life happened, and I walked away from the computer for a bit. I forgot my password and when I tried the "forget your password?" thing, IT DIDN'T WORK!!! So, I had to use another User Name AND e-mail adress to be able to Post anything here, my most favoritist place in the whole wide www. />
I think we've been doing this long enough to release a "Greatest Hits" album
Now, from pure recollection, what thread sticks in your mind as- The Best Thread Ever - and why? Come on old-timers, play. Which thread do you remember most?

As I recall, "Nazi Book Burnings" was a real barn-burner, pun intended. Nard was in top form. I think it ran 3-4 pages. A real "heated" debate over religion. I remember another time someone said something like "whatever" and Nard came back with something like, "see
www.whatever.com and wouldn't you know it, it was an actual website. LOL
21 February 2004, 02:45 AM
grasstains
....and then there was that shameless guy who presented himself as Ray Bradbury, at a most inappropriate and vulnerable time for us....

Maybe I shouldn't have reminded everyone of this. But, it's something I will NEVER forget.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 02-21-2004).]
21 February 2004, 03:27 AM
Mr. Dark
I remember that guy. Some people are kind of like web socio-paths. He certainly fit in that category.

I like the "What got you started" thread. It is still active. I love reading the origin stories of how people got turned on to Ray's work. It's really fun watching another generation turn on to Ray's stories and ideas. I see my own story in a lot of them.

I've liked some of the shorter threads, asking questions about some of the lesser known stories and books. There have been a lot of times I've had to go read a story, or do a search to get a hold of a book I didn't have. I just -- today, in fact -- received a copy of "Green Shadows White Whale" that I did a search for and ordered based on people's comments here. (The copy is like it was just published yesterday! The book looks brand new!)
21 February 2004, 07:48 AM
pterran
I remember, and participated in, the Nazi book burnings thread. Ah, such fond memories. I especially like reading Mr. Dark's posts. Always something new there. And Nard's passion. So any thread they participate in is a great thread, to me.