Ray Bradbury Forums
The New Board

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/3551001111

02 April 2005, 05:53 AM
philnic
The New Board
I just got back from a week in Spain, and was pleased to find the message board has rematerialised. It doesn't quite feel like home, but I'm sure we'll all settle in eventually!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
02 April 2005, 06:13 PM
Mrgrt
Ack! Bring back Dandelion please! I miss Ray's board!
Frowner Margaret
02 April 2005, 08:06 PM
octobercountry
Hmmmmm.... I'm afraid I'm a bit dense, but what precisely is the difference between "Forums" and "Imported Forums" here? I have both pages up on my computer now, and they look exactly the same to me.
03 April 2005, 12:09 AM
Mr. Dark
The question is beyond my capacity to answer. Good to see your name up here. How's the stained glass windowing going?
03 April 2005, 08:04 AM
Mr. Dark
Two questions:

(1) There is no reply when photos are posted. Is there a way to discuss posted photos?

(2) When you do the rating deal, where does that rating appear? I tried to "rate" the two pictures Patrick just posted (Cool pictures), but I didn't see any kind of stars or anything appear.

Any ideas?
03 April 2005, 10:31 AM
Nard Kordell
Mr. Dark:

I noticed that if you click on your name itself..it opens a window where there is a listing, including a profile. There must be a way to 'add' to your profile.

http://www.catchaway.com
03 April 2005, 12:47 PM
Mr. Dark
I see where the rating shows up now. It is on the first page when you open one of the four major topics on the bulletin board.
03 April 2005, 05:29 PM
lmskipper
I tried the ratings function yesterday. When Nard posted the three photos, I gave it the highest rating and saw five checks appear by the name of the topic. But I wasn't sure if anyone else could see that rating or if it was just something I could see. And what purpose does a rating serve? I might think a post is great, but someone else might think it stinks. Anyone know more about this? I feel like a lost soul stumbling through a forest!
03 April 2005, 10:24 PM
Mr. Dark
Good point. It seems like the rating system would have to be cumulative -- so that it would maintain an on-going average of the rankings posted.
03 April 2005, 10:50 PM
Nard Kordell
lmskipper:
Good Grief! The last time I got so many 'check-marks'' in one box was from the nuns in elementary school, for not practicing self control.
Talking about 'checks'..check out more photos I've posted on that forum. This week I will scour what digital photos I have that may be new.

http://www.catchaway.com
04 April 2005, 01:31 AM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
I'm already suffering from nostalgia. I miss the profiles, too.

Mr Dark,

I can view your profile by clicking on your name next to your message!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
04 April 2005, 01:35 PM
octobercountry
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
The question is beyond my capacity to answer. Good to see your name up here. How's the stained glass windowing going?

Hey, nice to be back--I haven't been around much lately. I've been totally obsessed for the past months by house renovations (with no end in sight!) so I haven't been working at glass as much as I should. But I'm determined that this will be the year that I finally make my Bradbury-inspired "Strawberry Window" for the door--I have all the little bits of coloured glass at hand, just have to put it all together. (I need to get that window in place so I can check for vampires, you see...)
04 April 2005, 03:53 PM
Yestermorrow
Yeah, I miss the old board. The looks of this one just aren't as pleasing, and it's a little confusing. Oh, well. Change is inevitable.
04 April 2005, 04:18 PM
Muse101
This board looks so cold now. Purple, white, light purple; it isn't working for me either. By the way, I'm a long time reader of the boards, first time poster.

You know something's wrong when the jellyfish calls you by name.
05 April 2005, 03:04 AM
dandelion
Know what else I hate? When you post it says, "Thank you for contributing to this forum." I mean, who does HAL think he is anyway? The old board always nicely said, "Thanks for making your post," or "Thanks for editing your post," or even (for moderators), "Thanks for deleting the post," and addressed you by name!