Ray Bradbury Forums
Ray Is A Democrat/Republican?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/1581042791

07 March 2006, 09:48 PM
RolandTrafton
Ray Is A Democrat/Republican?
I just re read Fahrenheit 451 the other day, and thought about how relevant it is during these politically turbulent times. I know that Ray both ran an ad in Variety in 1952 after Eisenhower (R) beat Stevenson (D) voicing his dissatisfaction, and he also was a major opponet of Joe McCarthy. I also know he was upset that Michael Moore's film satirically used the title of his book, but where does he currently stand politically?
07 March 2006, 11:26 PM
fanboy
Last year at Comic-con he said that if you think you are a Republican or a Democrat, you better think again. I took it to mean that we should always think for ourselves, and not just mindlessly identify ourselves with one group or another. On that basis, I would say he is neither.
20 March 2006, 03:38 PM
Walloon
He considers himself an independent.
22 March 2006, 02:17 PM
LordShen
Does it matter?

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com
22 March 2006, 11:41 PM
Robert M Blevins
Exactly...
Does it matter? No.
Ray belongs to the Universal Party. He's probably one of the founding members...
23 March 2006, 09:01 PM
Mr. Dark
Doesn't everything matter?

Think about that?
23 March 2006, 09:45 PM
Nard Kordell
Ray liked Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger when he ran for Governor of California. Ray was by Gene McCarthy's side in an effort to get him elected. I supposed Ray admires those that make the most sense to him at the time...
24 March 2006, 12:50 AM
Chapter 31
Mr. Dark,
I don’t think they meant it in exactly the way you do but I agree with what you say. Meanwhile we should all be careful to “stay on the path” or chance stepping on something that doesn’t matter.
02 February 2008, 10:31 AM
Doug Spaulding
He recently said this:

"I hate all politics. I don't like either political party. One should not belong to them -- one should be an individual, standing in the middle. Anyone that belongs to a party stops thinking."

That's exactly why I'm an Independent (who wants to see Ron Paul President!).

"Live Forever!"
02 February 2008, 11:00 AM
Phil Knox
What a flip flopper!

02 February 2008, 11:20 AM
Doug Spaulding
Oh no - pick the person not the party. Paul is a moderate, independent, libertarian-minded person. Exactly what we need!

It's all about the Constitution.

"Live Forever!"
02 February 2008, 11:24 PM
Braling II
I'm voting for him, not expecting he'll win, but to vote my conscience.
Like I did with Alan Keyes.
03 February 2008, 08:49 AM
Doug Spaulding
Good job!

I'm hoping that when the Republicans don't nominate him (which they won't), that he'll do a Ross Perot and run as an independent - he has a huge internet following.

"Live Forever!"
07 February 2008, 11:04 PM
Nard Kordell
Ray likely met lots of Republicans and Democrats last night, including a few Independents. You see he went to his class high-school reunion.