Ray Bradbury Forums
THE END OF THE WORLD!

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/3501078282

01 February 2007, 05:09 PM
rocket
THE END OF THE WORLD!
quote:
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"Ahoy!" he replied. "Where's your leg?"

"Long story, short...memory, I just discovered I'm adopted. By Lady Godiva."

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

"Well since you insist..........THE END."

"...but not of THE WORLD. Nyah."

She said, as she strolled up

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
01 February 2007, 05:11 PM
rocket
quote:
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped and shattered everywhere, as mine had when I fell. Washington's horse dentures proved amazingly becoming and long lasting. Until now! However, Rocket bent down with one good, yet shaky leg lending his hand.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

01 February 2007, 05:13 PM
rocket
quote:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches.

01 February 2007, 05:14 PM
rocket
(It ain't over till the fat lady sings, y'all.)

(whaaat?)

02 February 2007, 11:05 AM
biplane1

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips
02 February 2007, 11:10 AM
Braling II

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth
02 February 2007, 11:57 AM
grasstains

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums
02 February 2007, 04:05 PM
rocket
quote:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said,

02 February 2007, 04:52 PM
embroiderer
.......... Roll Eyes ..........
02 February 2007, 04:53 PM
embroiderer

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me."
03 February 2007, 09:29 PM
rocket
quote:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me." I looked up

04 February 2007, 07:38 PM
rocket
quote:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me." I looked up into cold mirrorshades

06 February 2007, 12:52 AM
Chapter 31

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me." I looked up into cold mirrorshades and not knowing what a mirrorshade was, I heaved a great shrug and slouched forward toward the town, followed pathetically by
06 February 2007, 07:15 AM
Braling II

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me." I looked up into cold mirrorshades and not knowing what a mirrorshade was, I heaved a great shrug and slouched forward toward the town, followed pathetically by Rocket, a rat,
07 February 2007, 04:57 AM
rocket
quote:

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

"'Ahoy'?", I said.

"The naked chick?"

"And her horse!"

"Pulling my leg!"

She said, as she strolled up to the two startled pathetic wretches. Parting her lips, revealing clenched teeth and bleeding gums, she softly said, "Don't mind me." I looked up into cold mirrorshades and not knowing what a mirrorshade was, I heaved a great shrug and slouched forward toward the town, followed pathetically by Rocket, a rat, and his compadre