Ray Bradbury Forums
THE END OF THE WORLD!

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/3501078282

29 January 2007, 07:59 AM
Braling II
THE END OF THE WORLD!
Rocky, better re-enter. You missed 2 posts.
29 January 2007, 12:41 PM
rocket
quote:
(sorry 'bout that)

There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Wait a minute,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
29 January 2007, 01:05 PM
philnic
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too.
Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan!

Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
29 January 2007, 06:37 PM
grasstains
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too.
Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan!

Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. No frog licking

29 January 2007, 08:56 PM
biplane1

Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. No frog licking or kicking at
29 January 2007, 09:17 PM
rocket
Hello, I had "Wait a minute" after the word "drink." four posts ago. Am I invisible, truly invisible. You mean this cloaking device really works?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

29 January 2007, 10:05 PM
Chapter 31
Isn’t collaborating grand?
29 January 2007, 10:25 PM
grasstains

Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"
30 January 2007, 05:18 AM
rocket
quote:
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot

30 January 2007, 07:16 AM
Braling II
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large
30 January 2007, 09:33 AM
rocket
quote:
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat

30 January 2007, 09:38 AM
grasstains

There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth

30 January 2007, 10:16 AM
embroiderer
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something? I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures
30 January 2007, 10:48 AM
philnic
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something? I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
30 January 2007, 11:30 AM
embroiderer
There I was, facefirst in gutterland, lip bleeding and prosthetic leg missing. Oh, the shame! But all was not lost! For, I still had my Etch-a-sketch. Must turn knobs! I woozily turned what I thought was my head and opened my swollen glass eye only to find it gone too. Curse that dame! And her horse! Should I survive this double humiliation without regrowing something? I'll sell my soul to Satan! Need a crutch, and a drink. Shaken, not stirred. Wait a minute, no frog licking or kicking at my athletes foot, but a large furry redeyed rat with no teeth but carrying dentures...

"Ahoy!" cried Rocket.

Rat dentures clamped