Ray Bradbury Forums
This Book is Dedicated to Ray...

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomments/f/6791083901/m/7081062662

03 November 2006, 07:38 AM
Robert M Blevins
This Book is Dedicated to Ray...
'The 13th Day of Christmas,' a novel about a risky and adventurous first mission to the Red Planet, was dedicated to Ray. The main character of 'Anna Johnson' was based on real-life Canadian astronaut Julie Payette, with the permission of the CSA. <BR>Ms. Payette received a copy in hardback. The Canadian Space Agency received some paperback copies for their library system at the John H. Chapman Space Centre. <BR>Thanks, Ray...
03 November 2006, 12:16 PM
philnic
Neat! I don't know what the plot is, but it reminds me of the first manned trip to the Moon - Apollo 8 - which happened at Christmas 1968.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
04 November 2006, 12:19 AM
Robert M Blevins
It's been our best seller since it was released in late September. You can see the full description, bigger cover images, and a link to an inside-the-book preview by going to the location shown below and clicking on Current Titles or New Releases.
06 November 2006, 09:43 PM
Robert M Blevins
Thanks to everyone for their recent emails...

We try. (smile)