Ray Bradbury Forums
Falling Upward

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomments/f/3791083901/m/63910492

01 March 2009, 08:43 AM
jkt
Falling Upward
Last night's premiere was delightful. This is the third incarnation I have seen and it just keeps getting better. Simply wonderful. I suspect that Doug Spaulding will post better photos later in the day...maybe for the last time for a Bradbury specific event.
01 March 2009, 10:29 AM
Doug Spaulding
We need to invent a stronger word than delightful - Ray gave me the best send-off I could have hoped for (and jkt left the venue with his fancy Sharpie still in my pocket - but I got nearly everyone to sign the program!).

Yesterday was a good day. Long After Midnight, when the crowds had thinned, the actors/singers/dancers/musicians took to the stage, and called us hangers-on up as well, where we danced and sang until early in the morning. Oh, and the Guinness and the wine flowed freely - always a good thing.

Sláinte!

"Live Forever!"
01 March 2009, 11:44 AM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
We need to invent a stronger word than delightful - Ray gave me the best send-off I could have hoped for (and jkt left the venue with his fancy Sharpie still in my pocket - but I got nearly everyone to sign the program!).

Yesterday was a good day. Long After Midnight, when the crowds had thinned, the actors/singers/dancers/musicians took to the stage, and called us hangers-on up as well, where we danced and sang until early in the morning. Oh, and the Guinness and the wine flowed freely - always a good thing.

Sláinte!

I figured the Sharpie was in good hands. We walked out with Garrity so that was my treat.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
01 March 2009, 02:58 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I figured the Sharpie was in good hands. We walked out with Garrity so that was my treat.

It was - about twenty of them!

You walked out with Pat? Then you did leave early. He was one of the first persons to sign my program, after which he said that he was going to find his wife and go home.

"Live Forever!"
04 March 2009, 11:17 AM
Doug Spaulding
Photos.

Video.

This is part 1 of a two part clip. Part 2 will be along later. I'll post it soon.

Also, enjoy this clip from a recent radio interview.

"Live Forever!"
04 March 2009, 09:20 PM
Doug Spaulding
Part 1 and Part 2 available for viewing now.

As always, be sure to click on "HQ".

"Live Forever!"