Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Martian Chronicles/Illustrated Man

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles/Illustrated Man
 Login/Join

posted
I accidentally was given a Ray Bradbury Martian's Chronicles/Illustrated Man book for Christmas and was far from interested...at first. I decided to read the book before I gave it back to its rightful owner just so it wasn't accidentally give n to me in vain, and I ended up being completely compelled to read more. I fell in love with Usher II. I am an English major so I was excited by the literary references. I was also so amazed with his story telling, and I can't wait to read more!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Starr4636, and welcome. If you've only read MC and IM, you are fortunate: there is more where that came from.

If the literary references hit the spot for you, your next stop should be FAHRENHEIT 451.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am actually reading some of Bradbury's interviews and essays right now. But Fahrenheit is on my list. I've read about half of it but need to get back to it. I already know I will love it. Smiler

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post