Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Looking for story and video

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for story and video
 Login/Join

posted
Many years ago I had my students read a Ray Bradbury story, "All Summer in a Day," and then we watched the video, which at the time was available through my school system. The video is no longer on the list (nor can I seem to find it online), and I cannot remember the source of the story (book title), either. I wondered if anyone else was familiar with this story, and would know I might find it, along with a video.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone just sent me a list of most-reprinted sci-fi stories, and I was surprised this wasn't Bradbury's most-reprinted. It was outnumbered by "A Sound of Thunder" and "There Will Come Soft Rains," but appears in "The Stories of Ray Bradbury," other collections, and many anthologies. As for the video...good luck...it appeared years ago as part of the PBS series "Wonderworks." You might search eBay, on which a lot of strange and sometimes unexpected things turn up.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am amazed how many of Ray's stories I am discovering that have been into short film vignettes ...now available on video tape.

This is an ancient (summer of '02) posting...but if Teacherlady is still around (classes are back)...here is a link that shows some of the videos available to schools...

If it opens ...like it should open... scroll down 4 or 5 segmented areas, to... "All Summer In a Day." It also has a link to other videos produced...by clicking on Ray Bradbury's name in the All Summer etc.... segment

click on: http://drc.sd62.bc.ca/DT000094.HTM

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 11-09-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post