Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Martian Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
I would have first read this at the age of 15, and still one of my favorites, I think it could be classed as a good introduction to Mr Bradbury.
I have since hunted down every book I can lay my hand on, isn't the internet just a wonderful place.

My other favourites would be "Something Wicked this way comes" (and I like the movie too), and Fahrenheit 451 (both of which I didn't read until I was 23 or 24.

Posts: 10 | Location: Auckland,New Zealand | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow.I agree.I in fact am a martian myself. Very nice. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!Yes internet is wonderful.I cannot survive unless I suck radiation from my computer insides. You should try it some time,It is tastes very nice.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO I AM THE MARTIAN YOU EEDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

posted Hide Post
NO IAM

posted Hide Post
Terribly sorry 'Crazzy' I guess I forgot.Im not a martian.....just the Insane Person eating a banana.

[This message has been edited by Bananabeak (edited 03-09-2002).]

posted Hide Post
Love the Chronicles! Such lovely writing...

~Kris

Posts: 3 | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone would like to read poetry in a novel (book) form, The Martian Chronicles comes as close as anything I've read. Dandelion Wine is great, but MC consistently paints, dances, and sings the English language.

It also speaks of the future in an intriguing manner. The IMAX presentation NASA: The Space Station (3D) evokes Mr. Bradbury's predictions, approach to Mars, and the spirit of the men and women that will land humans on the mysterious Red Planet. (Has anyone seen this? RB's works were played out in reality on the screen.)

The rockets and spacemen, the thunder and fire of the blast offs, the inifinite expanse of space, the technical know how, the mix of expertise, bravery, and suspense, the dreams of what will be - Mr. Bradbury was there 50 years ago!!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post