Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Name of story - miniature aliens

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name of story - miniature aliens
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am hoping that a Bradbury fan may be able to help me with the name of one of Ray's short stories.

I read this story when I was young and want to get hold of it for my son to read.

It is the story of some miniature aliens who land on Earth inside a tool shed. Their captain keeps a log of their journey detailing the perils of their exploration of the new planet (including a battle with a 'great beast' which is actually an everyday cat.)

If someone could remember the name I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 07 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi peejay76, and welcome.

I don't recognise that as a Bradbury story (maybe somebody else will, however). What it SOUNDS like, though, is an episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE written by Richard Matheson, called "The Invaders". There is a plot summary here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...The_Twilight_Zone%29

Matheson and Bradbury stories are often mistaken for each other. Many of Matheson's TWILIGHT ZONE scripts were based on his own short stories, but this one was original for TV.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil

I don't that is the one - but it does looks very interesting. I will have to have a look at some of Matheson's work.

But you have got me thinking that perhaps it was not a Ray Bradbury story after all?

I will keep googling and report back if I find any results.

Peejay

posted Hide Post
Okay I am still not finding too much information to verify this but I think the story was actually from a John Wyndham short story collection named "Meteor". Not sure why I thought it was one of Rays Bradbury's stories. Thanks for making me think outside the box Phil.

Peejay