Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Greetings from Kyoto, Japan!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings from Kyoto, Japan!
 Login/Join

posted
"Howdy! As the title suggests, I am in fact visiting Nippon, and enjoying my time here greatly. I've been here for about a week-1/2 now, and I'm adjusting to my stay slowly, (I think I have a little jet-lag), while still having fun with my travels.

Earlier this week I accompanied my local friend/pen pal to one of his favorite junk shops, (I forget what they call them here, and I'm too ignorant to ask), and my friend gave me a small black book (W. Somerset Maugham's "The Razor's Edge"!) that is in great condition.

He says he got it from an American photographer who used to visit his neighborhood when he was younger. He could never read it, (Too ignorant to learn English! Wink ), but was fascinated with the imprint on the front cover, and got a tattoo of whatever-it-is when he got older.

If anyone could help find out what the imprint is of, my friend and I would greatly appreciate it."

"P.S... Please thank my roommate back in the states for typing all this, I called him over the phone, long distance, and he's not a fast typer."

"P.S.S... Happy birthday Ray!"

Love,
Kukai

"Oh, death!"

Image41DLvz469EL._SL500_AA300_[1].jpg (10 Kb, 8 downloads) Book cover

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post