Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poem question
 Login/Join

posted
When I was a teenager I think I read a poem by Bradbury, that ended with the line:

"CHICAGO! And then he slept"

or something of that nature.

Anybody point me to the poem? I have several collections of his stories but haven't found it in any of them.

Posts: 1 | Location: Toronto | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't read it in a long while, but only thing I know with the word Chicago in it, isn't a poem, but one of Ray's plays:
To The Chicago Abyss

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Do u think that i'm a freak???

[This message has been edited by Whatevergurl77 (edited 11-17-2002).]

Posts: 2 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA 15213 | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh, oh. Please, please don't let this start again.

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the beginning. I don't have any collections of his poetry, so am not familiar with this at all. I have a book of his poetry on order at Amazon, and hope to get it soon. Sorry I can't help.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, my sentiments exactly. I've read all of Bradbury's poetry from major publishers (several volumes from small press publishers include poems not found in the major volumes) and presumably the new large volume contains even the small press items. I have a vague recollection of this poem, but not enough even to say which collection it's in, let alone the title.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post