Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    I saw it on tv

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I saw it on tv
 Login/Join

posted
I used to watch the ray bradbury shows on tv, where it was like a short story acted out and all that. and he was in the opening part. I also watched the illustrated man as part of studying him in school. There was this one episode that I remember seeing and I haven't been able to find the story anywhere, and a few stories I haven't been able to find either and I hope someone will be able to help me. There were two children, a little boy and a little girl who would play together at the beach. one would build half a sand castle, then the other would finish it. at the end of the summer the little girl dived under the water while her mother was yelling at her to get out, and she never came back. the little boy comes back years later and sees half a sand castle built up, and he sees footprints leading out of the water around the sand castle, and back in. so he finishes the other half, just then a fisherman comes up with something in his boat, and it's the little girl. but not like decayed or anything.

anyone?

and then there was a story about people living somewhere where it rains all the time, and there is only a small amount of time on that planet with no rain. I don't remember that one as vividly.

so, please help me out if you can. thanks a bunches

Posts: 1 | Location: winnipeg, manitoba, canada | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one is "The Lake". This is one of my favourite Bradbury stories, and the one which Bradbury often refers to as the first good story he ever wrote. You can find it in these books: Dark Carnival, The Small Assassin, The Stories of Ray Bradbury.

The second one is "The Long Rain". It's in these books: R is for Rocket, The Illustrated Man.

You can find some information on Ray Bradbury Theater on my website.

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 07-30-2004).]

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Lake" is also one of the stories in "The October Country" (the more accessible collection of stories originally in "Dark Carnival").

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...except here in the UK, where the original US text of October Country is traditionally split between the UK October Country and the UK-only Small Assassin!

- Phil

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, in fact I have a UK version and you're right.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post