Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Different personalitys

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Different personalitys
 Login/Join

posted
What if the characters weren't developed the way they were? What if they didn't display the characteristics that they do? How would that of effected the story?

Posts: 3 | Location: lemont, il usa | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That all depends on what character traits would have been changed and what the new traits would be.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that if the characters in the book weren't developed the way they were they book would fall apart. If Clarisse's character wasn't developed the whole stroy line would go out the window. It would make no sense for Montag to change his mind about his profession all of a sudden. Before he met Clarisse, he loved his job. If Montag's character wasn't developed, obviously there would be no book. I felt like Montag was a character I was able to get to know. A character that, when he went off on Mildreds friends, I was proud of him. Then when he got caught with the books I was scarred and sad for him. I also liked the way Bradbury developed Beatty. He might not have been the nicest person, but he was an interesting character to follow. Like it was his job to burn books and he seemed so against. You never would have thought he had an interest in them until he quoted them. I didn't even catch this until my teacher pointed it out. I think Mildreds character could have been developed a little bit more.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 03 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post