Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favorite "Orphaned" Stories
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite "Orphaned" Stories
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP: Which brings me to a random thought: Do American fans realize that the Grafton edition of Where Robot Mice and Robot Men ... has BLUE pages? Rather nice. Did the original Knopf book have blue pages as well?

BLUE pages? Gods!
The original Knopf book did not have blue pages. It does have a blue cloth binding with orange paper overboards (see jpeg below).
Also, inside opposite the title page is an, apparently uncredited, etching-like illustration.
Colored pages for gift books and poetry seems appropriate though, it enhances the creative specialness of the book.

Image1977NewPoems,BothLightandDark.jpg (142 Kb, 3 downloads) RobotMiceandMenprebarcodeera

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took the book out and photographed it, but you can only just barely make out the bluish tint. It was a light sky blue to start with, but of course it's had 36 years to fade. And by the way, the imprint is Granada, not Grafton.

Here's a link to an exterior shot of the book (not my copy). The pages have a border and were originally the same shade as the cover. The copy shown has faded to about the same extent as mine.

http://www.bloodyrarebooks.com...round-in-robot-towns

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post