Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Looking for information about a short story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for information about a short story
 Login/Join

posted
I'm not certain whether this was written by Bradbury, but years ago I read a short story dealing with (highly abbreviated) a physician who transplanted a human heart into an alligator, which allowed the alligator to quickly metamorphose into a dragon. This doesn't necessarily sound like a Bradbury story, but this is a shot into the dark. Any ideas or suggestions?

Relating to the forum, I remember reading "All Summer in a Day" as a youngster roughly the same age as the characters in the story. A nice story.

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try asking here http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=rec.arts.sf.written&btnG=Search&meta= and here http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom and if you don't receive an answer in a reasonable time, I can recommend another source, but it'll cost ya!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, your first link did the trick. It was called "Day of the Dragon" by Guy Endore. I appreciate the tip.

I started re-reading some of my old sci-fi books, and picked up a couple others from the bookstore (including Fahrenheit 451). It's interesting all the boyhood memories and fantasies that come back when looking at the books I read in my youth (I'm 37) all over again. I find I forget titles and some details, but the feeling remains.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post