Ray Bradbury Forums
"Sometime Before Dawn"

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/9157040776

13 February 2017, 10:59 AM
Blind Henry
"Sometime Before Dawn"
I am reading The Cat's Pajamas and just finished the story, "Sometime Before Dawn." I really enjoyed the story and found myself wanting to know the mystery of the new guests in the boarding house. Interesting to note the politics since everybody in the USA is losing their minds now days over things. I found myself wanting more information and wanting the story to continue.
13 February 2017, 03:43 PM
dandelion
Thank you so much for mentioning that story! It was one of those I was going to name in the Politics thread if called upon to make the thread any more Bradbury relevant than it already abundantly is, but would have had to look up the title.

With the mass deportations going on now, the other story I would like to mention is "I See You Never."
14 February 2017, 11:02 AM
Blind Henry
I could see how "Sometime Before Dawn" could lead to more stories about the time traveling couple. I could also see how the story could lead to another where the couple would visit the future president and kill him, or the boarding house narrator would go and take action against the future president.

I'm disappointed that this website doesn't have more activity.
14 February 2017, 09:00 PM
dandelion
The stories I would mention as being the best examples (and there may be others) besides the obvious and extremely famous "A Sound of Thunder" and "Sometime Before Dawn" are "The Fox and the Forest" and "Tomorrow and Tomorrow." The last is along the lines you mention, and good as it is I am surprised it has remained as obscure as it has for decades; I only finally read it in the first definitive collection.

Ditto on the website activity. I am bumping up a thread addressing that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,
15 February 2017, 02:41 PM
douglasSP
I also read "Tomorrow and Tomorrow" in the first volume of Collected Stories, and was quite surprised at how (relatively) good it was. It's certainly better than some of the ones that did get into his last five collections. Wasn't it one of those stories that were nearly included in S Is for Space, but deleted at a late stage?
15 February 2017, 07:45 PM
dandelion
The Center for Ray Bradbury Studies would know.