Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    HELP WITH RB STORY

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP WITH RB STORY
 Login/Join

posted
i read a story a very long time ago abbout this kid that no one likes and to release that he lifts wheights... the thing is that he grows full of hate and one day hes mother prepares a birthay party and no one show up... and she can hear him lifting weights and prays he dosnt stop and come out for her...

DOES ANYBODY have any idea of the title of this story
?????????????????''

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard there, mutant!
It's called "Heavy Set". Your recall is not totally correct; it's actually one of the saddest stories I think Bradbury ever wrote. Very moving. (And very well-written, of course!) I think it's in the "I Sing The Body Electric!" collection.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW thnx for the response and the welcome Big Grin
I know its not acurate, thats why im looking for it. some how it stayed in my memory and a few days ago i was on a strage situation and that story came to me and i just had to read it again Big Grin

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post