Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    mexican mummy story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mexican mummy story
 Login/Join

posted
What was the name of the story where a widow steals her husbands body to display for the tourists to make money to survive?Also what book did it appear in?I remember that there
was an Alfred Hitchcock episode that was adapted from it.It really is in the O Henry
style of surpise endings don't you think?

TN

Posts: 16 | Location: LA,CA,USA | Registered: 25 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it Next in Line from The October Country? Sorry but I haven't gotten to that book yet - anyone?

Posts: 21 | Registered: 12 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I know this one... I think it's something like "the story of Juan Gabriel" or something strange like that.

I'd have to find my books to be sure (glances at her messy closet)

I'll let you know when I find out.

~L~

===BlueGirlGraphics===<br />www.elledeegee.net

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This story is titled "The Lifework of Juan Diaz" and appears in the current volume Bradbury Stories. Now, I know it has been printed previously to this, but I can't remember what book--can anyone else?

"The Next in Line" from October Countrywas another mummy story--very good also!

Posts: 85 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Lifework of Juan Diaz" is in THE MACHINERIES OF JOY.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post