Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Panic Room.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Panic Room.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Dale Brown, in several of his novels, already outlined this concept but more of the models showing a full enclosure of a soldier. His characters could leap great distances or simply jump from a plane or helicopter and jets in the boot pack slowed their descent.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's something to enjoy whilst kicking back in the Panic Room:

http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Biplane, I just got a copy of Biplane by Bach. I chuckled when I saw it, thought of you.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chuckle is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chortle is pretty fun to use as well.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chortle is the best.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I think of chortling, I for some reason think of Martians conversing. Somewhere in one of the Martian stories, didn't it describe them as making a croaking noise when they talked? I guess its because chortling and croaking are similar in some obscure way I can't quite figure.

posted Hide Post
Ylla would know.
(Or she may only send you off to find Mr. Ttt or Mr. Aaa.)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed of late that RB uses whorl almost as much as murmur.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
You must have been reading "The Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl" recently.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, but that further solidifies my point!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
I've noticed of late that RB uses whorl almost as much as murmur.

I think your right Doug & it's a darn grand word too especially within Ray's context.

By the way, let's all put our minds eye to focus and channel on saying hello to grasstains. We miss you! Maybe we'll get a message back, who knows.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
By the way, let's all put our minds eye...

Also often called "The Third Eye".

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, I just had to: http://fusionanomaly.net/twilightzonewilltherealmartian...estandupthirdeye.jpg
Interesting about your TZ offer and RB's interest in the collection. Yes?

Hmmmmmm...grassy!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REGNAD KCIN!