Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Panic Room.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Panic Room.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The seven were held entranced by the shadows and flickering of the dying fire. The flames seemed of strange colors and moved languidly casting kaleidoscopic images on the walls and in the minds. Each mind held a different dream and the house mined these with solemn glee as a wicked child who has stolen something valuable but cannot fathom exactly what it was until much later....

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(Psssst! Hey, Chap! I don't want to interrupt Rocket's tale, but have you seen any toothpicks around here? That chowder's nice, but I've got a few bits of bivalve between the bicuspids...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think these have just been through the trochophone stage and are only veliger. You need a really thin toothpick for them rascals.

Trivia question: Who used to say, “Pssssst! Hey, bud. Come here!”

Hint: He was responsible for some great TV shows in the 50’s and 60’s.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your mama's a bivalve.

Just joking, remember some of our hokey sayings like, "yer mama", "gnarly", "sit on it", "peace out", others.....

Chapter, I remember that in some cartoon but that's the extent of my memory??? Do tell.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chap, my first guess would be Sheldon Leonard...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bingo! Rocket, you’re right too. A couple of cartoons had that gag. I’ve seen Sheldon Leonard do it most recently on a Jack Benny rerun.

My favorite Sheldon Leonard line: “OK, you two pixies! Out the door or out the window!”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was wonderful.

From Wiki:

On radio, Leonard played an eccentric racetrack tout on the Jack Benny radio program in the late 1940s and early 1950s. His role was to salute Benny out of the blue in railroad stations or on street corners or in department stores ("hey Bud, come here a minute"), ask Benny what he was about to do, and then proceed to try to argue him out of his course of action by resorting to inane and irrelevant racing logic.

But he is better known as the producer of hugely popular television series, including The Danny Thomas Show (1953–64), The Andy Griffith Show (1960–68), The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961–66), and I Spy (1965–68).

Jack Benny is from Waukegan, Illinois.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Get me! I'm givin' out wings!"

posted Hide Post
Who is the author who recently died that I get confused with Sheldon Leonard? Could it be Sidney Shelton, or have I been smokin' something?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say, it's really quiet in here!
If Rocket's not going to finish his tale, anyone in the mood for some Benchley?

posted Hide Post
Is that a Bourbon? Oh, wait a minute! I think that is Bench Mark.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Har! No, but it sounds like a good combination...
http://nrbench.home.mindspring.com/robert_benchley.htm

posted Hide Post
I lost my place as I nodded off and the book hit me in the head, who am I again?

posted Hide Post
Same as before, I think.
As for myself, I feel more like I do now than I did when I came here!