Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Panic Room.
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Panic Room.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
What's going on in here tonight?

(Click, drag the red square: do not get touched by the blues and do not touch the outer walls. 10-15 seconds is very skillful!)

http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Epontipak/redsquare.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody panic!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advice from another Douglas!

ImageHitchersGuide.jpg (62 Kb, 7 downloads)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wonderful Mr Adams! One of my favourite quotes of his:

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wise guy.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I think your right Doug & it's a darn grand word too especially within Ray's context.

I have discovered Ray's favourite word.

A rescent interview was concluded by asking him his favorite word. He laughed and responded, “Ramshackle. It describes me.”

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Where is that Rocket Man!? "Onward" is a word RB seems to express often in written communications.

DS: ram·shack·le (rmshkl)
adj.
So poorly constructed or kept up that disintegration is likely; rickety: a ramshackle cabin in the woods.
I like word origin stuff: RE ~ [Back-formation from obsolete ranshackled, ramshackle, alteration of ransackled, past participle of ransackle, to ransack, frequentative of Middle English ransaken, to pillage; see ransack.]

posted Hide Post
Ramshackle?
To put fetters on a male sheep?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Ramshackle?
To put fetters on a male sheep?

Only for the duration of mating season.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry, I nodded off drinking a heady spirit called "The Queens Knickers" in front of the fire(seriously, last night I actually for real went to an Irish pub here in Louisville called O'Sheas with my wife for dinner and that was on the beer list, you know I had to try it, had two and boy it was potent.) Actually it is a pretty good home brew. Put some more Coltrane on, stoke up the fire and somebody roll the die, I had a Yahtzee last roll I believe.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey R!! So you were having a Rip Van Winkle moment!

Right. Here, North Country winter has been snowy, snowy, and snowy. However, not TOO cold, untypically. Our wood stove has a similar effect. Boys snoring softly in their rooms, a good book in hand, a soothing drink, maybe a snack, quiet late hour, back deck light on to illumine the downward floating flakes, and just as the story starts to get really good....zzz

posted Hide Post
your a very eloquent writer sir. nice imagery sprang forth from your words. (frank,right? how is the vinyl spinning going?)

greg

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right, Rock. Something special about the sound of a little static as tunes spin from those classic discs. Our guys have learned about the Beatles, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, BB King, Hendrix, Traffic, Cream, Dire Straits...many others. They are also baseball card collectors/readers. Classic movies and literature abound, too. No commercial tube, so they keep themselves active or it's "out the door and find something to do!"

RE: Realty TV! Who needs it!?
http://www.comicxp.info/data/511/Calvin_Hobbes_Comics_63.jpg
http://www.comicxp.info/data/511/Calvin_Hobbes_Comics_14.jpg
http://www.comicxp.info/data/511/Calvin_Hobbes_Comics_38.jpg

posted Hide Post
ahhhh, almost dog days as summer is quickly receding towards fall already. Its nice and cool in here amongst all of the stone and iron-mongery(?). I am reclined in this easy chair, book in hand, drink in hand, in front of a cold hearth longing for the eerie October winds scraping branches against lightning flashed windows. Where oh where can Chapter 31 be at this moment in time???