Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mildred
 Login/Join

posted
Do you think that Montag and Mildred's marriage played an important factor in the story? Do you think it would have been that different if he wasnt married?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do think that Montag's marriage with Mildred does play an imortant role on the story. Throughout the novel Montag is thinking about his marriage with Mildrd. Like why they sleep in seperate beds, and if Mildred really loves him or not. If Monatg and Mildred werent married i think that the story would be very different. i think that Montag would be more happy than he is now because i don't think that he is truly happy with Mildred.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well, i think it played a very important role in their life. if the weren't married then i think that he would have had somebody in mind who would have still betrayed him

Posts: 5 | Location: downersgrove, il, dupage | Registered: 03 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think montags and mildrids marrage had a lot to do with the plot and outcome of the story, for instance if montag wasnt married he wouldent get caught with books, and he wouldent have had mildrids friends to confess to, he probably would have told Clarissa, and she wouldent really care.also i think montag would have hooked up with clarissa and they would have gotten married despite their age.

Posts: 2 | Location: Lemont | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It kind of does play a role in the story. If he never married Milred he would of never started to question his life. When he started questioning his life thats when he decided to peek in the books.

Posts: 4 | Location: lemont , illinois , united States | Registered: 21 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think that if they were not married the story would be difrent. Montag always thinks about the marrige like why the sleep in difrent beds. He alwyas thinks ahout if meldred loves him or not so I think that it would have made the stoy alot differnt if they were not married to each other.

Posts: 3 | Location: lemont il usa | Registered: 06 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post