Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Bradbury Premise? Wire so thin and strong it cuts people in half?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Premise? Wire so thin and strong it cuts people in half?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm going nuts trying to remember who wrote a story I read long ago that was based on the technological premise that someone had invented a wire that was stronger than steel yet so thin that it was essentially invisible....

One result was that if you strung it across a path and someone was chasing you they would walk right through it and be sliced in half before they knew it...

Rather gruesome....perhaps too gruesome to be a Bradbury premise?

Does anyone know if this was in a Bradbury story, or who wrote this, Bradbury or otherwise?

thanks very much for your collective wisdom.

mike

Posts: 1 | Location: Portland OR | Registered: 15 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I came into this one 'cuz I thought it said WINE so thin and strong it can cut you in half, and I was like OOH! Where can I find said wine!?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously, groon, it would have to be dandelion wine!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! Oh, great comeback, even I didn't see that one coming!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post