New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrs. Bagley
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It was that new kid in the last row.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrs Bagley, Give that kid a Hershey Bar. He's a genius.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twasn't me that voted. (I couldn't decide which one to vote for!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perplex is a good word!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twasn't is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So WHO cast the second vote? I know a good therapist - or maybe biplane could help.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suspect Spaulding...

tinkerbell, what are you trying to suggest about biplane?!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh! I thought he was a psychologist.

Isn't this the human condition? After centuries of fighting for the right to vote, Joe Public is NOT going to miss an opportunity, however vacuous. Where would Reality TV be without our fingers on the speed-dial? Off our screens with a bit of luck ...

posted Hide Post
Hey, Braling! What's the last Reality show You watched?!

RB had it right with the "Hapiness Machine," especially at the very end of the story looking in the window. Simlilar theme with "The Rocket."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reality Show? Seems oxymoronic, but if it could mean a show that wasn't written or scripted and had actual events and real people, I guess maybe "What's My Line" or "To Tell The Truth".

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr B,

You jest! Have you never seen the "X-factor" or "Big Brother"? Maybe you're fortunate enough to escape such dross across the briny. Sadly, it's the only way our programmers can afford to fill airtime. There again, nobody forces us to switch on our tellies. But do you folks have to fork out for a TV licence? Even blind people have to pay over here.
On a positive note, we DO have some excellent viewing from time to time and much of it comes from your wonderful continent. How could I survive Friday nights without NCIS and that dishy Special Agent Gibbs?

posted Hide Post
SD, I figured as much. Nice.
Here: Real music.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17487437

posted Hide Post
I grew up with the birth and maturation of Television over here in good old Lost Angels. One of the best shows in the early days of TV was "City at Night" with Ralph Story. This was a show that took the viewer to some place in the city of LA or thereabouts, and told the story of the place, how it started, how it operates, and what it does. Places like a bakery, a milk bottling plant, a cannery, etc. It was wonderfully instructive and usually somewhere one would never have heard of or visited otherwize. Huell Hauser of the local PBS station does somehting similar with "California Gold". This is what TV was ment for, to educate and allow one to visit places they would not normally get to see. And, it was LIVE TV. Writer's strike, we don't need no stinkin' writers! Just an idea and a camera and ad lib dialog to explain and entertain.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post