Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrs. Bagley
 Login/Join

posted
in Let's all kill constance an unnamed writer in Venice, California, answers a furious pounding at his beachfront bungalow door -- and once again admits a dangerous icon into his life.

Question:
What is the name of the book?

What year was it written?

Choices:
Let's all kill Constance

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has to be the most baffling post I've ever seen on here. A topic called Mrs Bagley. A question which is two questions. A multiple choice of two answers for the two questions. And then an invitation to vote.

Is this a dream? Someone wake me!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, easy now. This sounds like a question right off one of my final exams!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What perplexes me is that I can only vote for one correct answer!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The odds are too high for getting the wrong answer. Rather pass on this one!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, further choices were necessary. This may help all of you:
0 -Let's All Kill Constance
0 -2002
0 -Both A and B
0 -Neither A nor B
0 -Not enough information
0 -All of the above
0 -None of the above

Bonus Essay:
It was meant to be a T/F question! (T - F) Choose One!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously the board is nearing the edge of 'there is really nothing to talk about'.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Yes, further choices were necessary. This may help all of you:
0 -Let's All Kill Constance
0 -2002
0 -Both A and B
0 -Neither A nor B
0 -Not enough information
0 -All of the above
0 -None of the above

Bonus Essay:
It was meant to be a T/F question! (T - F) Choose One!

You can certainly tell that Frank does this for a living!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This proves that members of this board will reply to just about anything.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True.

posted Hide Post
You got that right!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
OKAY, then! In light of this "test" of knowledge, here's one based on Let's All Kill Constance.

In the novel, Let's All Kill Constance, an indirect reference is made to one of Ray Bradbury's books. The reference is one of the following:

A) Creating magical creatures in the garage that later turn into movie monsters at Saturday theater matinees.
B) Considering a time when the circus will be a required staple in every city and town in the country. But all clowns will be banned because they mostly frighten the children.
C) Talk of people using books to start fires in the future. And a mention of writing a book about a hero who smells as kerosene.
D) All movie writers should someday get tattoos and get those they say that move and tell stories. How easier it would be then for would-be writers to pen a story.

There you go! One of the above is TRUE!

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Question::
What is the name of the book?"

OK! So who's the smartass who actually voted?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
This proves that members of this board will reply to just about anything.

Er...yes!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil - please tell me you didn't vote. You're too endearingly English.

I wanna know the culprit. Hands up or you'll all be kept in after school!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post