Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Death is a Lonely Business

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death is a Lonely Business
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,

I just finished reading Death is a Lonely Business. I can't say enough how pleasantly surprised I was with this novel. It looks like it is the first in a series (I had no clue), so I can't wait to move onto Graveyard for Lunatics and Let's All Kill Constance. For some reason Death is a Lonely Business reminds me a lot of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Lots of unusual characters, murder, mystery, descriptions of a town and the citizens within. Fun stuff. I highly recommend it to everyone. Tell me, why has this story not been made into a movie yet? I think it would be fantastic. Also, please let me know who your favorite characters are from the book. I'm partial to Blind Henry. Crumley is fun as well.

Best wishes.

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blind Henry (love the user name!), search around this site; you'll find earlier comments/discussions about the series, it's being movied, etc.
Welcome aboard!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II,

Thanks for the reply and compliment on the user name. As soon as I read about Blind Henry I knew it would be a perfect user name for this site. (definitely not as good as Robot Lincoln's name though). I'll do a search and see some of the other discussion going on about Death is a Lonely Business.

Live forever!

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blind Henry and Braling II. When I asked Ray if there might be more to the series he said that no there wouldn't be. I about cried as I love those novels.

They would make fantastic movies, only to find someone interested in developing such.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote Ray after reading "A Graveyard for Lunatics" about my ideas of how great a movie it would be, and he didn't respond one way or another.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post