Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Trying to find a book

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to find a book
 Login/Join

posted
Hello.

When I was too young to remember such things I read a book with a scene that stuck in my mind, but I can't "swear" it was one of Ray's. (Clarke maybe? But, I don't think so. <edit>Hmmmm.... maybe it was Heinlein!!! Must search!<edit> )

There was an astronaut/man sitting up in a tree on a strange planet. I want to say he was just contemplating the landscape or something like that. It's been bugging me for years. I'm 40 now, and I'm thinking I read this before high school.

Thanks for any thoughts on this subject.

JP

[This message has been edited by quiller (edited 12-24-2004).]

Posts: 2 | Location: Orange, CA USA | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great advice! Didn't know these type of sites existed, though I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

Happy 2005!

JP

Posts: 2 | Location: Orange, CA USA | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just want to mention two things to people submitting requests to identify stories not by Ray Bradbury.

1. If you do find or remember what you're after, please, PLEASE post the answer back here on the SAME thread! Otherwise people out there will still be looking for it!

2. If my two suggestions of free Book ID forums do not work, try here: http://www.logan.com/loganberry/stump.html but be aware they do charge $2 a stumper!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post