Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Does anyone know the title?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone know the title?
 Login/Join

posted
I can vaguely recall reading a story or excerpt in school that I believe to have been written by Ray Bradbury. It was written from the perspective of a military-being on patrol on another planet. They kill another being. The twist was that the description had led one to believe that it was the monologue of a human posted to another planet--it was actually the monologue of an alien killing a human from earth. Something I heard recently reminded me of the story or excerpt, and I would like to share it with people who may not be familiar with it and might appreciate it.

Thank you if you can help.

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: 05 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browfurrow83, the story you describe above does not bring to mind any Ray Bradbury story that I can recall reading. Perhaps someone else may have some better recollection.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong on it, I read it years ago to complete an assignment. Somebody might have information I hope.

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: 05 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only story I can think of like that is the episode of The Twilight Zone titled "The Invaders." That was not done in the form of a report but as a drama with no dialogue until the twist at the very end.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The episode dandelion refers to was of course written by Richard Matheson.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of Twilight Zone episodes were published as short stories.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post