Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Um what is A Graveyard For Lunatics story 'bout??

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Um what is A Graveyard For Lunatics story 'bout??
 Login/Join

posted
Hey um I checked 'A Graveyard For Lunatics' out of the library but my sister got a hold of it 1st and she wont let me read it does anybody here know what it's about????Thaaaank yoooooou

Posts: 22 | Location: Grand Haven USA | Registered: 15 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"graveyard" is a mystery taking place in a movie studio/movie production setting. It has been a while since I had read it.
I think it was hilarious, and profane at times but very lively, and worth reading. Mr Bradbury was well aquainted with this group of people because in his own life he was a addict for the silver screen at an early age. When his family moved from Illinois to L.A. I think he woke up in heaven. He also
wrote another murder mystery that does a great job of creating a motley crew of that period. It is entitled "Death is a Lonely Business" that novel is a fun virile written route of almost tactile detail. I will never look at mayonaise the same way again. It also gives you a semi-autobiograhical look at his life when he was breaking into writing.
If you can't get that book from your sister
put the book on hold at your local library. She has to return it sometime. And read it with a flashlight under the blankets after midnight!

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one problemo.........we've already returned it!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAG o well i will be sneaky and read it whenever we go 2 the library......already i read to about page 67 because i had checked out this rather large comic book.....and i hid the RB book in it and read to that page on the way to the library....its SOOOOOOOOOO cool
hehehe i will check those books u mentioned out of the library and hide it from my sis..and i will read it under the covers...IF i dont suffer from terrible nightmares about mayonaise :P personally,i think i myself would wake up in heaven if i woke up in the same house as Aerosmith.....*sigh* but thats my opinion.......

[This message has been edited by RainWalker (edited 12-19-2001).]

Posts: 22 | Location: Grand Haven USA | Registered: 15 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New BOOK Alert.

Ray mentioned some time ago that he has a book coming out called Let's Kill Constance! This is based a character that was featured in Graveyard For Lunatics. When it is to be released I am not sure. Perhaps I can find out.

Posts: 39 | Location: Plantation, FL USA | Registered: 19 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post