Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favorite quote in F451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite quote in F451
 Login/Join

posted
My favorite quote from this is when Montag is discussing his plan with Faber. The quote is a reflection from Bradbury.

"His mind would well over at last and he would be Montag anymore, this the old man told him, assured him, promised him. He would be Montag-Plus-Faber, fire plus water, and then one day, after everything had mixed and simmered and worked away in silence, their would be neither fire nor water, but wine."

I think it shows how the ideas of Faber and the actions of Montag would produce a proficient result to what they were trying to accomplish. I mainly chose this quote because of the use of words by Bradbury.

Posts: 4 | Location: Stamford, NY U.S. | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the part of the story when Montag and Clarisse meet in the rain and two of my favorite quotes can be found there.

Montag- "Do you have to try everything once?"
Clarisse- "Yes, and sometimes twice."

and

Clarisse- "I bet I know something else you don't. There's dew on the grass in the morning."

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post